SoFresh Almond Mac N’ Cheese
- ½ cup SoFresh Almond Unsweetened
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ cup strong cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add green onions and chives and let cook for 2 minutes, then add flour. Whisk while making sure the flour does not burn. Formation of small lumps is normal.
- Blend in SoFresh Almond and whisk until liquid thickens and lumps disappear completely. This can take a few minutes.
- Add grated cheese and mix until fully melted.
- Add cooked macaroni to the pan and salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a side dish.
Makes a side dish for 2-3 people.