Banana Nice Cream with Salted Caramel Sauce
- 6 large overripe bananas, frozen
- 1 cup medjool or deglet noor dates
- 1⁄2 cup SoFresh Vanilla Oat Beverage
- rounded 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla
- To make the nice cream, slice overripe bananas and freeze on a cookie sheet until firm. Best done the morning of, or night before you wish to make the recipe.
- Meanwhile, soak the dates in hot water for 15 minutes, then drain. Add to blender with SoFresh Oat Beverage, salt and vanilla. Blend until silky smooth, at least a few minutes. If you want a more fluid consistency, add another 1⁄4 cup of Oat Beverage.
- In a food processor, puree the bananas until they begin to transform into a smooth, soft-serve consistency. This takes a couple of minutes. Divide amongst chilled dessert dishes, drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy!
- Pro Tip: If you have a strong handheld stick blender, you can make the caramel in a large jar and save a few dishes!
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
developed by Desiree Nielsen, RD
Learn more about registered dietitian Desiree Nielsen at https://desireerd.com/.