Brussel Sprout Au Gratin
- 1.5 lbs Brussel sprouts, quartered
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ½ tbsp flour
- 2 cup SoFresh Unsweetened Almond or Cashew Milk
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F .
- In a 9-inch oven-safe skillet, sauté onion in oil until translucent about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned about an additional 5 minutes.
- Mix in flour to create a roux. Slowly pour SoFresh Almond or Cashew milk into roux while whisking. Season with spices, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in brussel sprouts and set aside.
- In a food processor, process cashews, salt, nutritional yeast and mustard powder until a fine, parmesan-like texture. Top brussel sprouts with cashew mixture.
- Transfer baking skillet to preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until brussel sprouts are very cooked through. If needed, broil for a few minutes to brown topping. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
AUTHOR: Morgan Shupe