Chocolate Almond Butterscotch Squares
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup SoFresh Almond Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup each butterscotch chips and sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9” x 13” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, stir flour with salt. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Beat in egg. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and SoFresh Almond to creamed sugar. Stir in 1/2 cup each chocolate chips and coconut.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and evenly spread. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and coconut, then butterscotch chips and almonds.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean and coconut and almonds are golden brown (25-28 minutes).
- Cool in pan on rack. Cut into squares.
Here’s a square that combines all the bits we love–coconut, chocolate, butterscotch and almonds–all rolled into one delicious treat. (Makes 32 squares)