Chocolate Fudge Cake with Creamy Chocolate Almond Frosting
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup strong freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup SoFresh Almond Vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted roughly
- 2/3 cups cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp pure almond extract
- 4-5 tbsp SoFresh Almond Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and line the base of a 10 inch round cake pan with baking paper.
- Sieve dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into pan and bake until cake springs back when lightly touched (45 – 60 minutes).
- Cool and frost.
- Sift together confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together butter, vanilla & almond extracts and 1/3 of dry ingredients. Add additional third of dry ingredients with 2 tbsp SoFresh Almond and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add last third of dry ingredients, and 2 tbsp of remaining SoFresh Almond and mix until thoroughly incorporated. If frosting is too stiff add additional tbsp of Almond Fresh.