Cream of Almond & Wild Mushroom Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 cup leeks, finely sliced
- ¼ tsp dried red chili flakes
- 4 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (brown or white button, crimini, portobello, chanterelle or a mix of your favourites)
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 ½ cups SoFresh Almond Unsweetened
- sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- ¼ cup cooked black beans
- ¼ cup diced red potato
- salt & ground pepper to taste
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- Heat oil or butter in large pot. Add shallots, leeks and chili flakes, sauté over medium heat until vegetables are translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook stirring often until mushrooms have begun to lose their liquid and have started to brown. Stir in flour, coating vegetables.
- Add the vegetable stock and SoFresh Almond stirring constantly to keep lumps from forming. Add rosemary, bay leaf and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer. Add beans and potatoes and simmer for about 25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with fresh parsley.