Curried Carrot-Almond Soup
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp hot red-pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped peeled ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups SoFresh Almond Unsweetened
- 4 cilantro sprigs
- Fry onion in oil with 1/2 tsp salt in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add curry powder, red-pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic and cook, 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, water, SoFresh Almond, 1/2 tsp salt and simmer, partially covered, until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Blend soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Season with salt.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro leaves.