Green Pea and Mint Soup
- 1 ⅓ cup SoFresh Almond Unsweetened
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup fresh mint
- Zest of half a lemon
- ½ avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan to taste
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and green onions. Cook until green onions have softened but are not brown.
- Add SoFresh Almond, vegetable broth, frozen peas, mint and lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the peas are completely thawed.
- Pour mixture in a blender and add the avocado.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, adding grated parmesan on top.