Herb Almond popovers
- 1.5 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (if desired)
- 300mL SoFresh Almond Unsweetened
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, rosemary, chives or sage, chopped
- 12 tsp oil
- 8 tsp sliced almonds
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, SoFresh Almond Unsweetened, and apple cider and whisk until just smooth. Stir in fresh herbs. Cover and let rest in fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, Preheat oven to 425 F. Add 1 tsp each of oil into 8 holes of a muffin tin and place into the oven for 5 minutes to let the oil get really hot.
- Remove muffin tin from oven and carefully pour batter into the 8 oiled holes. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and brush with remaining oil.
- Return muffin tin to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
Makes 8 popovers.