Last Christmas Chowder
- 1 tbps oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ¾ cup carrots, chopped
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 2-3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups broth
- 2 cups SoFresh Almond or Cashew Unsweetened
- ¾ cup each corn, peas, green beans (or 2 ¼ cups leftover cooked vegetables)
- 3-4 cups leftover Christmas roast (plant-based or other), cooked and shredded
- salt and pepper
- Leftover stuffing
- Leftover cranberry sauce
- In a large pot, sauté onion, carrots, and celery in oil until soft and fragrant about 8-10 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, and sage and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in mashed potatoes and flour. Mix well. Slowly add SoFresh and broth.
- Add remaining vegetables and leftover Christmas roast. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with leftover stuffing and cranberry sauce as a garnish.
Makes 6-8 servings.