- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup SoFresh Almond Original
- 2/3 cup potato water (potato cooking water)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet fry up chopped white onion and chopped yellow pepper at the same time.
- Add the peeled & diced potatoes to 2 cups of water and bring to a boil; cover and turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When onion and pepper are translucent, drain on paper towels.
- When potatoes are tender, add 4 slotted spoonfuls of potatoes into a blender. Add 1/3 cup SoFresh Almond.
- Drain potatoes left in the pan, but reserve the potato water and set aside.
- Add blended potatoes back into pan with remaining un-blended potatoes. Add to the pan 1/3 cup non-dairy shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp non-dairy sour cream, onion and pepper mixture, and another 1/3 cup of the reserved potato water. Stir to combine, heating on medium until cheese is melted.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of sliced green onion, and salt and pepper to taste.