Summer Berry Almond Trifle
- 2 cups SoFresh Almond Vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 wide strips orange peel
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur (optional)
- 1/2 small store bought angel food cake
- 2 cups mixture fresh berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, and sliced strawberries
- Simmer over medium heat: 1½ c. SoFresh Almond, honey, orange peels & salt.
- To remaining Almond Fresh, whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Stir into heating mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir/simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add in orange liqueur.
- Pour into bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, slice angel food cake into 1” cubes.
- Into parfait or large wine glasses, layer with ½ c. cake, ½ c. berries & ½ c. pudding. Repeat.
- Garnish with fresh berries and serve.
Take advantage of summer’s berry bounty and assemble this super easy dessert. Prepare just before serving as cake will soften. (Makes 4-6 servings)