- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose unbleached white flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups SoFresh Almond Unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cooking oil, ideally canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl (which will ultimately hold your several days worth of waffle mix) stir together flour, baking powder and salt. In a smaller mixing bowl beat egg yolks.
- Add SoFresh Almond, cinnamon and oil.
- Add to flour mix all at once. Stir or fold until mixed but still slightly lumpy.
- In another bowl whip egg white to form a stiff peak. Gently fold egg whites into Almond Fresh/flour/oil mixture leaving a few whisps of egg white visible.
- Heat waffle iron letting waffle mix work for about 7 minutes. Pour batter onto preheated iron. Do not open while the waffles are cooking! Timing will vary depending on your iron.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, fresh blueberries and hot coffee.