Hello Yellow Smoothie
- 1.5 cup frozen mango
- 3-inches carrot
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric (or 1 tsp dried turmeric)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (or 1 tsp dried ginger)
- dash black pepper
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup SoFresh Almond Coconut
- In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If you want to make a smoothie bowl, a little less liquid or more mango. Blend in a high-powered blender and add to a bowl. Finish by topping with fruit and superfoods.
Turmeric and ginger add an anti-inflammatory twist on this tropical smoothie while the hemp seeds add 10 g protein and the coconut oil adds a slower, sustained release of energy.
You may think the black pepper is an odd ingredient in this smoothie but actually the pepper helps your body better absorb the anti-inflammatory properties of the turmeric.
PREP TIME: >5 minutes
COOK TIME: 0 minutes
1 tbsp fresh turmeric or ginger = about 2 inches